The Department of surgery is well established unit with facilities to carry out full spectrum of surgical procedures, well equipped to provide critical care to patients of high risk. Accident (Poly Trauma) and emergency services. 24 hour surgical cover for acute cases in need of urgent surgery.
We perform a wide variety of routine and special procedures. To name a few amongst them are:
General surgical procedures:
Open surgical procedures involve an appropriate sized incision made over the area of the body to be operated. The patient may require a post-operative stay of minimal 3-7 days or more depending on the complexity of the procedure.
- Emergency Surgery including poly trauma
- Inguinal, Incisional and Ventral Hernia repairs
- Surgeries of the liver and gallbladder
- Gastric (stomach) surgery
- Surgeries on the small and large intestine
- Splenectomy (spleen removal)
- Anorectal conditions
- Pancreatic surgery
- Varicose veins of the lower limb
- Wound care for diabetic foot and venous ulcers
- Thyroid surgeries
- Parathyroid surgeries
- Breast surgeries
All varieties of poly trauma cases are handled expeditiously by a trauma team of General Surgeons, Orthopedicians, Neuro Surgeons etc.
OT is well equipped with Laparoscopes with videography, fibreoptic light with compressors and monitors.